Senior Land Manager
About Environment Bank
We have created a new plan for the planet. With our multi award-winning Habitat Banks, we are trailblazing a new path to restore and protect biodiversity by revolutionising how the commercial and natural worlds interact. We are making immense progress at pace and are currently looking for 2 Senior Land Managers to join our incredible team; one based in the South East and one based in the North.
- Reporting to Head of Land.
- Onboarding of new land to create Habitat Banks on a regional basis by working with landowners and agents, identifying suitable opportunities and liaising with them to communicate our commercial proposition.
- Ensuring Habitat Banks are created and prioritised against Local Authority BNG credit demand and known purchaser demand (with input from the sales team).
- Oversight of all initial due diligence to assess site suitability as a Habitat Bank. This will involve liaising with internal teams such as ecology, project delivery, legal and finance to prepare initial site reviews and offer recommendation packs.
- Writing offer letters to landowners and effectively monitoring and negotiating offers made.
- Preparation of final due diligence packs prior to lease sign off including the preparation of funding statements.
- Handover of newly signed sites to the project delivery team after lease sign off to ensure contractual terms are effectively communicated.
- Working with the marketing team to ensure landowners in the region are being appropriately targeted and aligned with portfolio priorities.
- Assisting in the sale of BNG credits to regional purchasers and liaising with related parties.
- Liaising with Local Authorities regarding our approach and the sale process of BNG Credits.
- As part of your role, you will also contribute to the wider land team strategy on a national basis and may involve other research related work as required.
Qualifications and skills preferred:
- Ideally a qualified Chartered Surveyor from a rural, general practice or planning and development related background with 2 years PQE (though related experience working in this field will suffice).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to undertake financial appraisals and present commercial issues. Also, a good working knowledge of MS Office including Word and PPT.
- Proficient in the preparation of Heads of Terms and Due Diligence packs.
- Excellent communication skills including presenting to groups.
- Organised and self-starting – able to manage own diary, keep a clear record of work undertaken and forthcoming priorities.
- The role will be based largely from home with occasional visits to the head office in York as well as numerous regional site visits to meet with landowners and prospective credit purchasers.
- Full UK clean Driving Licence.
Environment Bank is a fantastic, modern place to work with wellbeing being at the heart of our business. We have built a cohesive team which is incredibly collaborative and approachable at all levels, and as a result we have grown significantly over the past 18 months and are set for further growth. The company was established in 2006 by Chairman Professor David Hill CBE and his work has now been embedded into the Environment Act creating a rare and exciting opportunity for nature. We have secured significant investment enabling us to become industry innovators, bring our new plan for the planet into a reality… and this is just the start.
- Salary of up to £55,000
- Full time, 35 hours per week remote, flexible working
- Annual company performance related bonus
- Head Office at the vibrant York University East campus with free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday, wellness day and bank holidays
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Salary sacrifice electric car leasing scheme
- Medical cash back scheme
- 3x death in service cover
How to apply
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK and we will ask for evidence of this at or before interview stage.
As the role is remote, we will need evidence that you have access to a road worthy vehicle and can access high internet speeds. You will need to provide us with a copy of your insurance document. Please note that for remote roles requiring site visits, you will need to be able to cover the area you are working in with no more than approximately a one hour drive in any direction.
Sorry no agency CVs at this point.
Please submit your CV with a supporting statement of no more than one page to [email protected].
If you need any further information about this role, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].