Habitat Creation & Restoration Consultant Ecologist
Environment Bank is working on a truly unique business programme that will change the industry forever. Back in 2007, they brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development to the UK. After the passing of the 2021 Environment Bill, and the acquisition of significant funding, Environment Bank is about to roll out one of the most exciting and ambitious business plans the sector has seen.
We are delighted to be handling all the recruitment as they continue to pursue important and urgent objectives for our environment. These roles rarely arise and provide an exciting, unmatchable next step in an Ecologist’s career.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly passionate, motivated and versatile Ecology Practitioner with an interest and grounding in habitat surveying and biodiversity net gain.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in the sector, and to play an important part of this pioneering approach to Biodiversity Net Gain and Natural Capital Credits, resulting in a major Habitat Creation and long-term Management programme.
The role features a wide variety of work and will be a mix of site and home-based. You’ll be working a much more manageable week than a typical ecologist, with no more excessive hours, and plenty of scope to work to a pattern that suits your personal life.
Suitable applicants will possess the following;
· A minimum of three years relevant industry experience, either from Consultancy, Regulator, NGO or Local Authority background
· Passion for the environment and determination to make a real difference in the world
· Innovative, freethinking, determined and ambitious
· Understanding Of Biodiversity Net Gain Policy And The Biodiversity Metrics
· Ability to carry out Habitat/Vegetation Surveys
· Habitat Management and Restoration knowledge and experience
· GIS Experience
· Report Writing
· Stakeholder interaction
· Full Driving License
Employees will be provided with a laptop and phone, as well as paid work-related travel.
Here’s some of the varied responsibilities;
· Project management
· Managing and organising fieldwork
· Supporting junior staff
· Interpreting and analysing site survey information
· Undertaking Biodiversity Net in Assessments and Calculations
· Report writing
· Designing habitat creation and management schemes
· Digital mapping and presentation
· Liaison with various stakeholders including developers, local authorities, landowners, environmental
· Undertaking fee estimates and bid preparation work
· And much MUCH more
South East - Significant homeworking with regular travel around the region as well as occasional trips to Head Office in York.
A full, valid Driver’s licence is essential.
Rewards & Benefits
Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. There will also be significant scope for rapid career progression, with ongoing training and support provided.
As you’ll be joining Environment Bank at this pivotal time in the industry and at the forefront of the market, you’ll have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please contact Jeremy Money ([email protected]) by the 8th August. However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.