About Environment Bank
We have created a new plan for the planet. With our multi award-winning Habitat Banks, we are trailblazing a new path to restore and protect biodiversity by revolutionising how the commercial and natural worlds interact. We are making immense progress at pace and are currently looking for an experienced Content Writer to join our incredible team.
This is a significant opportunity to make your mark by applying your creative writing skills to an innovative company that has already made a real and tangible difference.
You will play a vital role in developing and communicating our company ethos and product to diverse audiences. You will work within our internal brand team and liaise closely with our PR and creative agencies to create stunning and engaging content to elevate our brand to match our ambition.
- Work alongside our Senior Graphic Designer to develop all sales and marketing material, including brochures, adverts, leaflets, videos and digital assets.
- Create engaging blog content for our website and socials utilising the expertise of our ecology, land, sales and legal teams.
- Research related media articles and work with our internal experts to create new and topical content/commentary.
- Maintain the messaging and SEO on the company website.
- Support our digital agency on copy for our paid-for and organic social posts.
- Develop our tone of voice and style guides to ensure consistency across the business.
- Work with our HR and Wellbeing teams to develop our internal communications.
Qualifications and skills preferred:
- Proven experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
- Experience of researching and writing original content
- Ad writing preferable but not essential
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Experience/interest in environmental related topics preferable but not essential
- Relevant degree
Environment Bank is a fantastic, modern place to work with wellbeing being at the heart of our business. We have built a cohesive team which is incredibly collaborative and approachable at all levels, and as a result we have grown significantly over the past 18 months and are set for further growth. The company was established in 2006 by Chairman Professor David Hill CBE and his work has now been embedded into the Environment Act creating a rare and exciting opportunity for nature. We have secured significant investment enabling us to become industry innovators, bring our new plan for the planet into a reality… and this is just the start.
- Salary £28,000 - £32,000
- Full time, 35 hours per week with flexitime hybrid working.
- Part time considered.
- Annual company performance-based bonus.
- Head Office at the vibrant York University East campus with free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday, wellness day and bank holidays
- Company laptop
How to apply
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK and we will ask for evidence of this at or before interview stage.
Sorry no agency CVs at this point.
Please submit your CV with a supporting statement of no more than one page to [email protected].
Closing date: 27.03.23
If you need any further information about this role, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].